- Always wash the fruit and vegetables before you blend or juice it. Wash it under running water and scrub away any dirt. Remember, you don’t know wherever it‘s been.
- Remove any stones and pips from fruit such as peaches, nectarines, cherries and apricots. They don’t taste good, and they won’t do any good to your blender or juicer either.
- Do not add any additives to your smoothie or juice. All the fruits and vegetables contain lots of good stuff so you don’t need to add anything.
- When you juice spinach or watercress, wrap the leaf around the chunk of fruit or vegetable to ensure proper juicing.
- Add some honey instead of sugar if your juice or smoothie doesn’t taste sweet enough.
- If a bit of fruit or vegetables stuck in the bottom of your juicer or blender, remember to unplug it first before you try to free it with your fingers.
- Clean your juicer and blender after each use thoroughly in warm soapy water. It will be harder to clean it later, after all dirt dry.
- Freshly made smoothies and juices are best to serve immediately as they begin to discolor and lose its flavor and nutrient content very quickly.
One last tip at the end. You might prepare the fruit and vegatables before and freeze it. So, it will be ready to be made into your favourite smoothie in the morning, when the last thing you want to do is chop up lots of fruit and vegetables. Don’t forget to wash all the fruit and vegetables before you freez it.
If you decide to store your juice or smoothie, keep it refrigerated in an airtight container. Add a few drops of lemon juice to prevent discoloration and do not keep it more than 24 hours.